Monday, April 23, 2007

Web publishing


I hope you like this update because the backgrounds took me a long time, which is why today's installment is just a single page again. Sorry - but see how pretty? Soooo pretty! Pretty pretty trees.

I originally envisioned It's the Michaels as a print comic and paced it like a TV show. Publishing it as a web comic has allowed me to change it from something I want to do into something that I am doing: It's present tense, and the upside for me is the small dose of immediate gratification I get posting a comic online a few hours after it's complete.

The web comic format has provided me with an interesting challenge: I need to tell the story so that it breaks down into one- or two- page increments with natural stopping points. I often find the pacing less than optimal. I am anxious to get to certain points in the story, but when the final comic is printed into a book it will hopefully read better because of the changes I made to accommodate the web format. In the meantime, thanks to all of you who have been sticking with me week after week - through the four-page updates and the single-page updates. Your support is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Jackline said...

Hi Nice Blog .A web time clock that tracks both direct labor and indirect labor activity, including the employee, activity, machine, part, operation, project, date, time, and hours. This module is fully integrated with the Timeclock screens provided by Time and Attendance System